The short of it is: We promise not to misuse your information.
The long of it:
RMJETAA will not sell, distribute, or share your information with absolutely anyone, except under the following limited circumstances:
- If the Japanese consulate asks for a list of JET alumni along certain criteria (i.e. all JETs who’d lived in a certain prefecture), we will pass along only your name and email address. This is a rare occurrence, maybe once every year or two.
- If any other organization (say, a prefectural organization) asks for the contact info of people according to certain criteria, if we think it is in the best interests of our members, jos will act as a go-between.
- We are currently looking into developing a better inter-JET community link. When this comes about, we will offer an opt-in program where, if you choose, your information may be shared just among the JET community. Example features would include the ability to look up everyone who’d lived in a certain prefecture during a certain time period, and see where they are in the world — or to search the JET community for people with certain skills, like a lawyer or a doctor. This functionality is not yet complete, and when it is implemented, access will only be on a volunteer basis.
What you can expect from joining up with us:
- Email newsletters about activities in the area (about once a month)
- Notices about job opportunities.
- The ability to interact with the JET community through our website — things like RSVPing for events, posting pictures, catching up with old friends, and the like!
If any of this is unclear, please feel free to email us at email@example.com