Japanese Film Night
Tuesday, October 23
6:45 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Join other JET Alumni and Friends of the Japanese Garden
for a night of film, fun, and frosty weather!
Dress warmly as this month we’ll be sitting out under the stars!
Please click HERE for more details and to RSVP
Saturday, November 3rd
1 – 4 p.m.
in the lower hall at Simpson’s UMC
6001 Wolff St.
$5 – JET Alumni $10 – Friends of JET
Click HERE for the Punchbowl invitation for more details and to RSVP
It is that time, my friends. Summer is coming to a close. However! We have the delights of fall to look forward to. As such, Nihongo Dake will be taking a trip into the mountains to picnic and view the changing colors of the Aspen trees.
When: Sunday September 23, 2012
Stay tuned for more updates as the event draws nearer.
As always, if you have any questions or wish to be put on the Nihongo Dake email list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, August 12th
Mt. Massive (14er – Class 2 – Rank 28)
– 13.75 miles
– 4500 gain
– Let us know if you are coming, and meet at Morrison Dino Lots (Wooly Mammoth Lot – JJ lightpost) at 4:00AM; or meet at trailhead at 6:30AM
– Trailhead: from Denver, take I-70 to 91(south @Copper) to Leadville. From U.S. 24 just south of Leadville, turn onto Colorado 300 and cross the railroad tracks. Drive 0.7 mile and turn left onto County Road 11 toward the Halfmoon Creek. After another 1.2 miles, turn right on the dirt road to Halfmoon Creek. Drive on the good dirt road (except for the usual washboard and potholes) for 5.3 miles to the Mt. Massive parking area on the right.)
Saturday, August 18th
Mt. Princeton (14er – Class 2 – Rank 40)
– 13 miles
– 5400 gain
– Camping overnight Friday at Clear Creek Reservoir off of County Road 390 off of Highway 24 between Leadville and Buena Vista.
– Let us know if you are coming, and meet at trailhead at 6:00AM
– Trailhead: from Denver, take C-470 to 285 West to Buena Vista. From the center of town, drive west on the County Road (CR) 306 for 0.7 miles. Turn left on CR 321 and continue south for 7.2 miles. Turn right onto CR 322 at a large sign. On CR 322, drive 0.8 miles to a fork in the road. Bear right into the Mt. Princeton trailhead. This trailhead is at 8,900′ and there is a large parking area. If you have a good clearance 4WD, you can continue up the narrow 322 (Mt. Princeton) road. Just after the lower parking area, there is a fork in the road – stay right on the main road. Drive 3 miles to the radio towers at 10,800′. There is parking here for a couple of vehicles or turn left and continue on the 322A road. Between 3.2 and 3.4 miles up the Princeton road, there are some small camping spots near 11,000′ – with some parking. The road gets worse after the camping spots and there is very limited parking above this point.)
RMJETAA is representin’ at this year’s NanDesuKan down in the Denver Tech Center where we will be stationing a booth for JET and joining in the after-hour’s merriment! For those who’ve never been, NanDesuKan is Denver’s biggest anime convention chock full of panels, music videos, costumes, and of course, lots of opportunities to check out the latest and greatest in the anime world. If you love anime and all the crazy that goes with it, this is a fabulous event to check out. The convention runs from September 14 – 16. For more information about registering and convention schedules, check out NDK’s official site. And don’t forget if you plan on going to stop and say hey to those of us manning the JET booth!