Doorways English School for International Students, which meets twice a week at the First Presbyterian Church in Boulder, is in need of English teachers at a variety of levels (literacy through level 5. We use the “Side-by-Side” Set of books for levels Literacy through Level 4 and the Azar Grammar Book( Blue-Advanced level) for level 5. We are looking for women who have a heart for ministering to international women by teaching English, sharing the culture of the U.S. and demonstrating their Christian faith. If interested please contact Jan Westover at 303.464.1407 or jgw4133 [at] comcast.net .
Looking for a way to put your teaching skills and experience from JET to good use?
Talkalive is a up-and-coming website that connects English language students from around the world with teachers via Skype sessions. Teachers can set their wages and available times. Check out the site and apply for an account today!
Political/Economic Affairs Section
Background on the Consulate-General of Japan in Detroit:
In 1993, as a result of the growing number of Japanese residents and businesses in Michigan and Ohio, the Consulate-General of Japan in Detroit was established. Consulate surveys indicate that there is now a combined total of 900 Japanese owned facilities in Michigan and Ohio. The current two-state population of Japanese nationals exceeds 18,000. Important consulate missions include: providing support and service to local Japanese nationals, promoting trade and business development between Japan and the U.S., and strengthening U.S.-Japan relations and mutual understanding through various local economic, educational and cultural activities and exchanges.
Available Position (Full-time): Research Analyst in the Political/Economic Affairs Section
Assistance in consulate efforts to strengthen U.S-Japan trade and investment within the states of Ohio and Michigan; duties include:
- gathering, organizing and analyzing information on relevant economic and political issues in the states;
- administering the consulate’s annual Japanese Direct Investment Survey.
- drafting speeches and official correspondence for the Consul General and Deputy Consul General.
- Four-year university degree;
- Ability to research, analyze and communicate political and economic topics;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and Access; Photoshop and mapping software experience preferred;
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Required materials for application: Resume, cover letter, and list of references.
- Electronic submission of the above-mentioned materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be reviewed within two weeks of receipt; select applicants will be contacted directly to schedule an interview.
*To see original job posting, click here: www.detroit.us.emb-japan.go.jp/en/about/jobposting.htm